Friday 13 March 2009

Laurie Pink's TwitFlick Drawing Extravagannnnzaaaa







Good day, all!
Would you like a picture drawn, Guvna? Missus?

I shall be drawing pictures until midnight tonight, at the request of those willing to give a cheerful £1 via my Red Nose Day Giving Page.

All the pictures I draw will be uploaded on twitpic and Flickr, with additional drawing commentary via Twitter.


How To Get Your Drawing:

FIRST
Donate £1 (or 2 or 3 or 4, if you would like more pictures) via my Red Nose Day Giving Page. Make sure your name & amount are public.

THEN
Send me a request via Twitter! With your name & the amount you gave on the donation page.
eg: @lauriepink 100 pictures of a circle with legs and a cheeful face, please! Mr.Smiley, £100
(circles with legs and smiley faces are quite easy to draw - there's a tip for you)

I will link to the finished picture on my Flickr & my twitpic with your name. That's your VERY OWN Laurie Pink Picture! You can put it on your webpage, or print it out and stick it on your wall!

EXTRAS:
If you love your picture, I can paint it onto a little canvas for you, for an extra donation of £20 - £40. This is best sorted with an @lauriepink request or Flickrmail (I'll send you my email via direct message on twitter, and we'll sort out a price & canvas size from there).

Also, I have a redbubble account that I shall put some of my favourite/most popular pictures from the day up on as cards and t-shirts, with profits going to Comic Relief.

It truly is an ExtravaGANNNNZAAAAA!

Please spread the word
I shall endeavour to draw ALL the requests that I get in up till midnight tonight. Bear in mind this may take a few days if I get an extortionate amount of requests, but I really will do my best to draw them all.

What shall I ask for?

In case you're all ready and raring to go, but all of-a-dither about a subject to suggest, here is a list of things that I am particularly good at drawing:

Cats, dogs, monkeys, cows, sheep, birds, clouds, chickens, trousers, jumpers, hats, speechbubbles, glasses of drink (wine & tumbler style), cameras, pens, books, combs, earwigs, butterflies, ants (they're just dots really, aren't they? I can do those really well), patterns, eggs, milk, dinosaurs, skulls, banners, flames, ipods, macs AND PCs, wolves, vampires, fleas, pipes, jam, tea, toast, poo, noses, toeses, brains in jars, most things that can be mounted on a stick, pangolins, armadilloes, sunshines and lovehearts.

(This is not a definitive list of everything I can draw. There's lots of other things too. I have an art degree and everything.)

You can see other things I've drawn on my flickr, and view my brief sojourn into the world of video-drawing on youtube, here.

Remember: funny is good, naughty is cool. Anything more is a bit too much for the bouncy and innocent Red Nose Day, and you will be politely asked to suggest something else...

Invest your pound wisely, grasshopper! I look forward to drawing for you!


Helpful URLS
(just in case you missed the links in the main body. I know, it's easy to do when you're excited...)

Red Nose Day Giving Page: http://tinyurl.com/lauriepinkRND
Twitpic: http://www.twitpic.com/photos/lauriepink
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/lauriepink
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/laurie_pink

Have fun, chaps!




2 comments: