Tuesday 3 March 2009

The All-But-Finished Plan



The set up (so far)

I shall draw on my mac from 12pm on 13th March - 12am 14th March, scribbling requests received during those hours (with a selection of pre-orders on standby, in case things need a kick-start).

Each drawing will be uploaded on Flickr, progress updates will be rambled on Twitter (pic links on twitter too, naturally).

There shall also be - dan DAAAA! - a streaming webcam! Wheee!
Well, there shall almost definitely be a streaming webcam. It relies on me finding out how to stream a webcam, which should be do-able.


Prices!
£1 per picture (extra money all welcome, of course)
Any picture drawn & painted up on a canvas for £30 to comic relief (I think a4-ish size canvases. Shall have to check out the exact measurements next time I am at the shop)

All requests to be made through my Red Nose Day charity page, so I know the money's gone in. Just be sure to mark 'yes' on the display name & donation bit:

http://www.myrednoseday.com/

(none yet, please!)

I thought of putting a limit of 1000 requests on. A request every five minutes would make 144 requests (assuming I'm finishing every drawing in those 5 minutes, too. Which is quite possible, as they'll be nice simple ones. That's every 5 minutes continuously, mind. I don't think I could do that). Filling 1000 would take a few days/weeks more, but it means mo' money. Maybe 500 would be more sensible limit... Of course, there's nothing to say I'll even get 144 requests, but it's good to be prepared.

All the requests I don't get round to finishing in the 12 hours I could do gently over the next few days.

Or maybe I should make a bit more of a gambling pot... I ONLY draw during the 12 hours, and pick which ones to draw. Or some can get quicker pictures than others & it's bit of a lucky dip. The logistics of this need some more pondering.


I'll write this up much better when all the little bits (web cam & stuff) are proper definited.

Definited - what a fine and not-at-all-clumsy-sounding word! I'll use that one again.

1 comment:

  1. 30 pounds (this japanese keyboard has no pound sign) is too cheap for an a4 size painting! How much will the canvases cost for a start... don't undersell yourself or feel bad about asking for more money, after all it is for charity! Perhaps a minimum price of 40/50 pounds (more like 50 if you ask me) per canvas. If you ask me that is still cheap, those chickens at the Globe went for 75 pounds a piece and there was huuuuge demand! Also don't overstretch yourself, this is an ace idea but make sure it doesn't become too huge an undertaking!

    ReplyDelete